UNIT 10 RENTING AN APARTMENT 租住房(1 / 1)

1.Useful Sentences常用句型

(tenant租客)

①I'd like to rent an apartment/a flat somewhere near here.

我想租一套这儿附近的公寓。

②I'd like to share a house with others.

我想与人合租房子。

③Can you tell me something about the apartment/flat?

能给我介绍一下房子的情况吗?

④Is it air-conditioned?

房间里有空调吗?

⑤What's the rent per month?

每个月租金是多少?

⑥Do I have to pay a deposit?

需要付押金吗?

⑦When is the rent due?

什么时候付房租?

⑧What's included in the rent?

房租里都包含哪些费用?

⑨I'd like to have a look at the apartment for rent.

我想看看出租的那套公寓。

2.Sample Dialogs对话实例

Dialogue 1 对话一

A.Can you do me a favor?I'm looking for an apartment.Do you know where I should go for information?

请帮个忙,我在找一间公寓。你知道我在哪里可以得到这方面的信息吗?

B.Let me see.There are several ways to find an apartment.You may look over the classified ads in the newspapers.Or you can go to the residential areas directly to look for apartments for rent.There are always some “vacancy” signs in front of the buildings.

嗯。找公寓有几种方法:你以可浏览报纸的分类广告,或直接去居住区找出租的房子,那些建筑物前总有“吉屋待租”的告示牌。

A.Thank you very much.

非常感谢。

Dialogue 2 对话二

A.Excuse me.Do you still have a one-bedroom apartment for rent?

请问,你还有一室一厅的公寓出租吗?

B.Yes.About how much rent do you want to pay?

有的,你想付多少房租呢?

A.I can pay $500 a month.

我每月可支付500美元。

B.OK.Our terms are quite simple.The rent is due on the first day of the month.You have to sign a one-year lease and pay the security deposit and maintenance fee.One more thing,utilities are not included in the rent.

好吧。我们的条款十分简单。每月第一天交房租。你需要签一年的租约,并交纳保证金和房屋管理费。另外,水电杂费不包括在租金内。

A.I see.How about the phone?

知道了。那么电话呢?

B.Well,you should ask the phone company to install it for you,and you pay the bills yourself.By the way,it is also your responsibility to contact the gas company and the department of water and power for gas and electricity.

你得让电话公司来为你安装,自己支付费用。顺便说一句,联系煤气公司和水电部门安装煤气、水电也是你的责任。

A.All right.Can I come over and take a look at the apartment?

好的。我可以过去看看房子吗?

B.Sure.

当然可以。

Dialogue 3 对话三

(A:tenant房客 B:agent房屋中介 C: landlord房东)

A.Hello.

你好。

B.Can I help you?

我能帮助你吗?

A.I'd like to rent a flat near the subway.Can you help me?

我要租一个离地铁近的公寓。你能帮忙吗?

B.Sure.We've got some information here.Take a look.

没问题。这里有些租房信息。请看看。

A.Thank you.I'm interested in this one.Can you tell me something about it?

谢谢。我对这套感兴趣。能给我介绍一下房子的情况吗?

B.Yes,of course.It's a two-bedroom apartment with a private bath and toilet.

好的。这个公寓有两间卧室,独立的淋浴和卫生间。

A.Is it air-conditioned?

有空调吗?

B.I'm afraid not.It's usually cool here,you know.

没有。这里常年都很凉快。

A.What's the rent per month?

每个月房租是多少?

B.It's 800 dollars per month.Water,electricity and gas are not included,and you have to pay for the phone.

每个月800美元。房租不包括水费、电费和燃气费,也不含电话费。

A.Can I come around and have a look tomorrow afternoon?

我明天下午可以看房子吗?

B.Of course.When will you come?

可以。你什么时间到?

A.About 3:30.

三点半左右吧。

B.That's fine.

好的。

A.Thanks.Goodbye.

谢谢。再见。

B.Bye.

再见。

(Next afternoon第二天下午)

A.Good afternoon.

下午好。

C.Good afternoon,Mr.Ouyang?

下午好。是欧阳先生吧?

A.Yes.是的。

C.I'm Joe,the landlord.Come in,please.It's on the second floor.

我是房东乔。请进。房子在二楼。

A.This is a pleasant apartment.I'd like to share it with others.Is it OK?

房子很不错。我想与人合租,可以吗?

C.Sure.It's a two-bedroom apartment.

可以。有两间卧室。

A.Shall I sign a lease?

需要签租房合约吗?

C.Yes.It's good for both of us.And you should pay a deposit of one month's rent.

要的,这对双方都好。你还要交一个月的房租作为押金。

A.When is the rent due?

什么时候付房租?

C.You should pay two months' rent when you sign the lease.Then on the 5th of every month.

签合约时就要交两个月的房租,然后每个月5号付房租。

A.OK.When can we move in?

行。我们什么时候可以搬进来?

C.Tomorrow if you like,after you sign the lease.

签了合约,明天就可以搬了。

A.I'll have to talk with my roommate.Can I call you tomorrow?

我还要和室友商量一下。明天打电话回复你好吗?

C.That's fine.Bye.

好的。

3.Useful Words and Phrases 常用的单词和短语

apartment/flat公寓

studio [?stju?di??] 无厨房的单间

single [?s??ɡ?l] 带厨房的单间

furnished [?f??n??t] 配有家具

unfurnished [Λn?f??n??t] 不配家具(但一般配备炉具和冰箱)

front yard

前院 back yard后院

garage车库

basement地下室

dining room 餐厅

living room 客厅

bathroom 沐浴间

parking space泊车位

kitchen [?k?t??n] 厨房

washroom/lavatory/toilet 卫生间

closet [?kl?z?t] 储物室,(落地)大衣柜

stove [st?uv] 炉

oven [?Λv?n] 电烤箱

fridge [fr?d?] 冰箱

phone电话

dishwasher [?d??w????] 洗碗机

gas煤气

heating暖气

heater加热器

air conditioner 空调

electricity [??lek?tr?s?t?] 电器

website网站

lease租约

one-year lease一年租约

security deposit 保证金,押金

maintenance fee房屋管理费

tenant [?ten?nt] 房客,租户

landlord [?l?ndl??d] 房东,业主

manager [?m?n?d??] 管理人(受雇于房东或管理公寓的人)

refund [?ri?fΛnd] n.退款

classified ads 分类广告

newspaper [?nju?zpe?p?] n.报纸

residential areas 居住区

apartments for rent待租的房子

vacancy signs “吉屋待租”告示牌

for rent(供)出租

phone company电话公司

gas company燃气公司

roommate [?r?mme?t] n.室友

department of water and power水电部门