Ⅳ By coach乘长途客运汽车(1 / 1)

Sample Dialogues对话实例

Dialogue 1 对话一

A.Excuse me,what is the cheapest way to go from New York to Boston?

请问从纽约去波士顿怎么走最便宜?

B.You can take Greyhound buses.

你可以乘灰狗巴士。

A.How much is the fare?

车费多少?

B.50 dollars each.

每位50美元。

A.Then,how long will it take?

那么,得坐多久呢?

B.Around 3 hours.

大概3小时。

A.My God! An express is a lot faster!

天呐!特快列车快多了。

B.Definitely.But Greyhound is a lot cheaper.And you can enjoy the scenery on the way.For a traveller,that's a very good chance.

的确如此。不过灰狗要便宜得多,而且你能享受沿途景色。对旅游者来说,是个很好的机会。

A.Yeah,you said it.

是的,说得对。

Dialogue 2 对话二

(A traveler is at the coach station in Los Angeles.一位旅客正在洛杉矶的长途汽车站。)

A.Hi!Good morning.I'd like to have some ideas about taking Greyhound to travel.

早安。我想了解一下坐灰狗巴士旅行的事宜。

B.With pleasure.

好呀。

A.I want to go to Las Vegas.How long will it take?

我想去拉斯维加斯。要坐多久呢?

B.It will take you only 4 hours.

只需要4小时。

A.And if I want to go to San Francisco,what is the most reasonable way?

如果我要去旧金山,什么乘坐方式最划算呢?

B.Mmm…are you going to come back to LA?

那你是否还要回到洛杉矶呢?

A.Yeah,I'm going there to pay a visit to my friends,and just staying there for a week.

是的。我去探望朋友,打算在那里住一个星期。

B.So I suggest you buy a round-trip ticket.A one-way ticket is $40.And a round-trip only costs you $60.

我建议你买往返票。单程票40美元一张,而往返票只要60美元。

A.Ah! Wonderful! By the way,how long will it take?

啊!好极了!顺便问一句,要坐多长时间呢?

B.Around 4 hours.

约4小时。

A.Thank you so much!

真谢谢你!

B.You're welcome.

别客气。

New Words and Expressions生词和词组

coach [k??t?] n.长途汽车

coach station长途汽车站

by coach 坐长途汽车

cheap [t?i?p] adj.便宜的,廉价的

Greyhound [?ɡre?ha?nd] 灰狗(一个美国长途汽车公司)

fare [fe?(r)] n.费用,票价

definitely [?def?n?tl?] adv.明确地,确切地

enjoy [?n?d???] vt.享有,享受,欣赏

Las Vegas拉斯维加斯

reasonable [?ri?zn?bl] adj.合理的,适当的